At the start of the year the XPUB1 students are introduced to the wiki.
The Wiki Tutorial should help the students get aquainted with working with the wiki. However there a few approaches, which students should be made aware of, namely:
- Calendars:Networked_Media_Calendar: is where the planing of activities takes place and students should check them often. And staff writes events to calendar starting with "XPUB1" or "XPUB2" to make them easy visible
- Students: Under the corresponding academic year students should add links to their User pages
- Students pages: Students should try to keep their page conscripted to the their user page's, using subpages to do so, such as User:Bohye_Woo/Prototyping_04, User:Pedro_Sá_Couto/Black_Transparency_Experiments, etc
- Links Helpdesk resources such as printers, Eduroam and archiving
- Cookbook a page with technical and not only recipes
- Prototyping keeps a log of Prototyping sessions
- Important Links for First year students can be found in the Front Page:
Links for first year students -----> xpub <-----
Keeping the Main Page tidy in important. To do so:
- When a new Special Issue starts move the Page from the previous special issue out of the Main Page and into Special_Issue
Special Issue Pages:
- are Category pages with the name of the SI, ie Category:Post-Digital_Itch
- the Category page holds the bulk of essential info
- other pages "belonging" to that special issue should be have <nowiki></nowki> so that they show up at the end on the of the Category Page and hence are inherently aggregated.