- Pipelines: Creating novel connections between disparate systems
- Crash test!
- "Something for free": Example of topic setting / fn like nick rename.
Is a free protocol
- Not owned by a company (proprietary)
- Anyone can write/distribute their own servers and/or clients.
A protocol is a social agreement upon a technical standard. A precise description that allows different people to write implementations (code) separately that should be able to interoperate (work together).
some sample ideas:
- yesbot (agrees with everything *you* say)
- beavisbot (comments on anything suggestive)