Conversational Interfaces 2014/2015
Platform + Scaling
In this module, exploring paradigms for interaction, navigation, conversation; considering different paradigms for authoring / writing (interactive) characters.
Scaling to consider also scales of time.
Part I: Conversational interfaces
- Douglas Englebart: Mother of all demos
- Daughter of all demos, Saskia Aldinger https://vimeo.com/40683500
- Young-Hae Chang Heavy Industries, (Samsung means to come)
- Donald Rodney, AUTOICON (CD-ROM)
- A Conversation with Eliza
- The Eliza Effect
- Weizenbaum clip (Plug and Pray? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB5oZcsAJm8)
- Videodrome, Professor Oblivion, dir. David Cronenberg, 1983
- Put that there, Architecture Machine Group, MIT, 1981
- Image interrogation, Blade Runner dir. Ridley Scott, 1982
- Antonio Roberts, Electic Voice Phenomenon
- Apple: Knowledge Explorer
- Work in progress: Botopera
- IRC server
- pipeline to chatbot... (ircpipebot for quick chatbots?)
For next time, mockup a conversational interface...
- A: Python (/ IRC)
- B: Transformations of a text, to be performed in a text editor
- C: Image response (a la daughter of all demos ), or Image interrogation