- adj. Of, relating to, or being an algorithm.
- Algorithm (ălˈgə-rĭþˌəm)
- n. A step-by-step problem-solving procedure, especially an established, recursive computational procedure for solving a problem in a finite number of steps.
- documentation (dŏkˌyə-mĕn-tāˈshən)
- n. The act or an instance of the supplying of documents or supporting references or records.
- n. The documents or references so supplied.
- n. The collation, synopsizing, and coding of printed material for future reference.
- Algorithmic documentation
- A step-by-step problem-solving procedure collating, synopsizing, and coding material for future reference.
"Algorithmic Documentation" was a term that triggered my imagination. Will it be possible to create (more) 'objective' documentation using computers? What could this look like? What can one document at all?
For this demo I applied the script on the scenario of Waterdagen. My graduation project of the Utrecht School of the Arts.
This should not be seen as a final product, rather as a first experiment in anticipation of the documentation projects of the third semester.
usage: algodoc.py [-h] --name NAME [--add ADD] [--date DATE] [--parse] [--build] [--lang LANG] optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --name NAME, -n NAME Name of the project --add ADD, -a ADD filename to import --date DATE, -d DATE force a date (required for ie. word file) --parse Parse the database --build Build the html --lang LANG, -l LANG Language when parsing