Possibilities of the project:
- synthesizer module as an interface: the cover and connectivitiy to the other modules (interrelationality)
- possibilities and limitations of both software and hardware
- connecting modules augments the possibilites > modularity = Great affordance
What do I want to do with it? How can I create meaningful content "beyond the bleep bleep machine" and how to avoid that the module rules me?
Why do we use a module?? What does it mean?? How is it related to INTERFACE?
In relation to linguistics
- direction of sound (m inwards, s outwards)
- letters that can or can't control tonality (M vs S)
- Meaning in individual letters and structure of language
Ideas & references for self-directed research
- Tokyo station names converted to sound: physical place in sound in case a commuter is not able to read the station names
- The concept of invisible people (components) working for you inside a black box. What are 'they' doing for you? How to create awareness (or not?)
- digital speech synthesis, making kind of working noises (that appear in the workplace)
- laquer cut technique > field recordings cut directly into vinyl. This was also used as a communication tool; audio postcard (original or reproduction?)
- transfering data trough sounds (transferred over radio)