Back from Madrid. Trying to figure out how to integrate the intensive research lab on voting systems/statistics with project as a whole. Refining aims and what the outcome in Tent will be.
- mimicking layout algorithms of web 2 print software, but with results of voting systems?
- which decisions go into a publication? (only choosing the color is disappointing - doesn't actually matter what the colour is)
- need to produce coherence between designers who are collaborating on the same object. (eg, rules for type designers to harmonize french & chinese designers for a full font?)
- discrete elements that belong to a whole - how to keep visual coherence?
- see: dutch designers designing an arab font with dutch design rules - rule systems.
- see what ludivine did for generative.net? - mapping projects of feminist artists working w/geography & location. what would be a 'feminist tagging system'? - worked on a set of icons
- design not coming last, but helping consensus - iterative process, seeing the design & discussing it
- voting in 'rounds' - knockout
- how to get beyond comparing different systems? - no need even to do it, we know they will produce different outcomes
- repetition - same group, same system, but repeating over and over?
- daily 'ritual' format as in madrid?
what to show
- documentation of activities that have happened.
- pinboard of work-in-progress
- look at bjects produced in madrid - shoving image, rotating stars - they get beyond just documentation, they give a sense of the process