User:Angeliki/Grad Streaming Screaming
"Let's Amplify Unspeakable Things"
- Ways for inviting people in the workshop in Leeszaal
- A workshop/meeting
- An online platform with the audio streaming
- Broadcast in public/outside space
Meetings @Leeszaal: https://pad.xpub.nl/p/voice_in_public
- Ways for inviting people in the workshop in Leeszaal (recordings, printed soundwaves, conversations, meetings)
- A workshop/meeting that looks like "Queering Damage" at Leeszaal. Deconstructing "Queering Damage":
- It is about a partial reparation of damage of any kind.
- First they define the terms they are using
- Then the participants are "interviewing" the damage they have brought as topic by asking specific questions: What, who, when, where, semiotics- materiality, personal entanglement, pattern
- Collective reading
- My approach would be:
- First warm up (face washing, voice/breathing exercises, human microphone)
- Introducing my terms (streaming, collective female utterance 'ololyga')
- Introducing the audio streaming platform and how to use it
- Discuss about topics that want to reveal. Connected to: being uncomfortable in public- public speech, division of public and private- daily stories, hidden dark narratives of society, mourning, annoyance. Maybe asking specific questions like QD
- Reading extracts
- Writing down, choosing sentences to stream.
- Parallel trying out the streaming (recording, listening, constant broadcasting) and discussing on the topics. Opened an account on mixlr.com/lainxp/showreel/. EXAMPLE:
- An online platform with the audio streaming where everyone can record from their personal devices.
- Broadcast in public/outside space: outside of Leeszaal while the workshop is taking place inside, other times outside of several other places.
I will participate with my workshops in a project at Leeszaal that is related to women's participation in art.
Designing the online archive. Some screenshots from it:
What the technical aspect proposes? The material I make public differs. Some times the less the medium and the level of technology, the better the communication
A 'time-out' slot of time when we explore the feeling of being annoying, amplification in public and our presence in the flow
<------- back to proposal