Jump to navigation Jump to search
What do you want to make?
- I want to research about digital data and its structure (how is it stored / transferred / displayed?).
- With a focus on the implications of data on visual culture. (The form of data??) (Making databases as art / idea of instructions as art & design)
- How does the form of the database get visible?
- How does the database interact with the outside world? (Influences)
- Models that shape the world
- Data > model > reality (reality itself is lost and outplaying us)
- Machine learning literal models
How do you plan to make it?
- Through research / reading & writing about data & visual culture
- Experiments going along with the research that will accumulate to one final work
What is your timetable?
1. Gather material (Literature / References)
4. Do –
Why do you want to make it?
- It is a logical continuation of my personal interest / work / research
- It is a contemporary issue (thinking of technologies like blockchain / machine learning … that use this kind of structures as their fundamentals)
Who can help you and how?
- PZI Tutors > Research / Prototyping
- XPUB Gang
Relation to previous practice
- I did previous research on data and how it converts into narrative
- I worked on collections of data
- I printed databases
- I develop software / am interested in the digital culture / computation
Relation to a larger context
- Machine Learning as Art
- Data is everywhere and it is »the good«
- Big Data
- »Raw data« is an oxymoron
- Database Aesthetics
- Database as Symbolic Form
- Essays on the culture of software
- The image as a database / array of pixels (except vectorfiles)
- Is there a file format that works in a different way?
- image files (SVG, JPEG for visualisation)
- Theme thesis
- Annotated bibliography with 5 key texts (synopsis)
- A mini prototype / sketch / gesture in relation to your project proposal