- Shocked by how Google uses all this data and uses it for their algorithms -> I want to question that
- A chatbot as an alternative interface to the text
- How is knowledge built and mediated in the age of machine learning?
- Questioning the authoritative dimension of databases
How it works
The bot will try to convince you to write a poem. Otherwise, you will be caught in the ASCII loop of inspiration. If you agree writing a poem the bot will give you constraints and advice what you have to do. This is based on the method of Exquisite Corpse. (Constraint is the structure)
The bot chooses randomly on which structure the user has to write the poem.
- ADJECTIVE NOUN ADVERB VERB ADJECTIVE NOUN
- PRONOUN VERB NOUN
- ADJECTIVE NOUN VERB NOUN
Why a chatbot?
- Idea of having a dialog with a person -> inspiring
- Orality & writing
- experiment: different approach / interface
- Can ask different questions
- more personal
- question: Does it feel more controllable / more transparent?
ASCII Loop of inspiration
Published on Twitter
Creating a poem in collaboration with a chatbot
- Based on the idea of exquisite corpse
- in a alternate interplay the bot and the user give words based on a given structure
- like ADJECTIVE NOUN ADVERB VERB ADJECTIVE NOUN
The Code is accessible on git.xpub.nl
make dirs make ocr/output.txt make oulibot
Literary games with Steve https://pad.pzimediadesign.nl/p/rw-rm-10-01-2018
Uncreative Writing - Goldsmith