Jump to navigation Jump to search
Club membership and special discounts
- First year NM: mandatory
- Second year NM: optional
- All years LB: optional
- You have a working GNU/Linux distro (network, audio, video, keyboard)
- You know how to open a terminal (Gnome Terminal, xterm, urxvt, st, etc)
- Your keyboard is configured (as in you do not spend half an hour figuring out how to change the layout from QWERTY to DVORAK and then spend of the rest of the day looking for the '/' key)
- You know how to use a text editor (as in Gedit, Vim, nano, ed, emacs, kate) so you can read/edit/write plaintext files.
- You have a couple of video files on your laptop.
Monday 10th October 11:00 - 17:00
- Text vs GUI metaphors
- Terminals and Shells
- Pipes and redirection
- Shell scripting: animated GIF generator (video files needed)
Tuesday 11th October 11:00 - 18:00
- How pipes works from a C perspective
- bitwise operators
- Using output redirection, /dev/dsp and simple C oneliners
- Simple AV pipe synth with mplayer
I pay a beer to the one who give me the name of the guy on the photo.
Answer: it is Douglas McIlroy