- Fresnel zone plate (as used in lighthouses)
- Lenticular sheets
- AFTER IMAGES
- COSMIC ABERRATIONS (BROCKEN SPECTRE, ETC.)
- NEWTON RINGS
- DIGITAL MOIRE (PHONE PHOTO OF SCREEN)
- REFRESH RATES ON LIGHTS e.g. light boxes, flicker rate, horizontal banding in images, rolling shutter effects
- TOTAL INTERNAL REFLECTION (Installation idea)
The revealing, the presentation of the unseen. Magical moments in nature, in optics... trying to simulate the sublime experience of the not often experienced phenomena in the world.
Look up words for "MAGIC" The sublime?
- Rainbows, eclipses, volcanoes, natural phenomenon, journey, travel, astronomy,
- The revealing of the magic moment... tied to process in analogue photography.
- Photography and the processes of photography are definitely my thing... Don't lose site of my interests.
- LIMINAL SPACES/LIMINALITY (LIMINOID EXPERIENCES)
- THE FANTASTIC
- THE SUBLIME
- ONEIRIC - of or relating to dreams
- PHENOMENOLOGY - the philosophical study of the structures of experience and consciousness.
- PRINTING BLACK AND WHITE IN THE COLOUR DARKROOM & INTRODUCING GRADIENTS
- DOPPLER BLUE TO RED
- SPEED SERIES
- SLIT SCAN SERIES
- LARGE SCALE SITUATIONAL CYANOTYPES
- IRIDESCENT FILM SERIES
- BUILD DIGITAL PROJECTOR FOR DARKROOM (for phone?)
- PRODUCE NEGATIVE FROM DIGITAL IMAGE (LVT Negs, Devere digital enlarger, http://www.deveresecondhanddarkroom.com/)
- HACK MY ENLARGER
- AMPLIFY ABERRATIONS. E.G. STREET LIGHT THROUGH ENLARGER LENS.
- PROJECT A MOVING IMAGE ONTO PHOTO PAPER. LONG EXPOSURE PRINT. (USE ND FILTER TO DULL LIGHT)
- TIME IS IMPORTANT. DURATION IS IMPORTANT.
- PHOTOGRAPHY AS SIMULATION (OF NATURE)
- The speed of everything has increased progressively from the time when photography was invented. Photography was born into a world with a quickening pace. What does slowness mean within photomedia then? How do we subvert the need for speed.
- water and spot light reflecting the water. dark room, one spot light.