Prototyping 08-10-13 (Lens Based Media)
Preparing our Green screen shoot
A little history of 'Chroma Keying'
Hollywoods History of Faking It
Man with a movie camera
So today we have seen Dziga Vertov's 'Man with a Movie Camera' ( Full film on Youtube ). Assignment for next week (tuesday) is to select a scene/shot according to the project A Global Remake . This shot we'll try to replicate/re-interpret in the green screen studio. (Man with a Movie Camera was a film which captured the everyday life during 1929. Can you re-interpret the scene/shot you chose to reflect the present?)
Please put up a link to your shot of choice below,:and for next week prepare as much as you can:
- Try to storyboard your shot / frame your shots, determine camera position(s)
- Find a background you want to match your footage
- Look at your background, how's the lighting?
- Do you need props?
- How many people are in the image? Ask classmates to be your actor(s).
- Avoid crazy camera movements, the studio is small and the greenscreen can't move
- Keep your selection short, we only have a day in the studio
- Is the camera angle possible in the studio?
Assignment: Shot Selection
Select a short scene or collection of shots from Man With a Movie Camera you want to replicate/re-interpret in the green screen studio
Please link to your shot selection from http://dziga.perrybard.net/
- Caetano ->
- Chen ->http://dziga.perrybard.net/scenes/show/29 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iey9YIbra2U from 00:35:32 to 00:35:53
- Lucia ->Scene 55 shot #1248 - people walking over the shadow of a window (from 1:05:01 to 1:05:02)
- Lidia -> Scene 20 and Scene 21
- Henk-Jelle ->
- Luisa ->
- Elleke -> scene 38
- Artyom ->
- Tamas ->
- Nick -> scene 9  / scene31  / scene 49 
- Mihail -> scene 25
Props / Backgrounds / Resources etc?
- External harddisk to store our footage (???)
Afternoon: Tutorials (sign up if you want one!)
- 14:00-14:20 Elleke
- 14:20-14:40 Chen
- 14:40-15:10 Luisa
- 15:10-15:30 Lídia
- 15:30-15:50 artyom
- 15:50-16:10 Lucia (if anyone before me does not care about time and would like to exchange with me, please let me know)
- 16:30-16:50 Cae
- 16:50-17:10 Tamas