- sit-down interview with Gilbert
- across-the-bar interview with Lies
- Gilbert in front of the drum set (record playing in the background)
- spontaneous conversations either in the kitchen
- Lies prepping food
- band playing on the cafe stage
Objects and movements:
- record player with spinning vinyl
- house plate (window sill)
- prepping a coffee, serving
- during performance: audience - coming in, reactions, beer glasses
equipments (from rental)
- For audio: Zoom H6 with XY and MS mics/Senheisser ew 100 G3 Lavalier/Headset!
- For video: Tripod Manfrotto 804RC2
Place: Koffie & Ambacht
Assistant: Mia Paller
|13:00||meet Mia in West|
|14:00 - 15:00||arrive on site and set up|
|15:00||scenes: Lies and Gilbert|
|20:00-21:30||scenes: band (only Jue on set is okay)|
|22:00||end of day|
Due to miscommunication, no interviews were conducted on 10/6. Got some usable footage for concert prep and concert.
Rescheduled interview for 11am on Friday, 10/12. Mia will help again with sound.
Planning notes 10/12
- Use Autofocus first
- Bring 50mm and 85mm lenses
- Redo scenes (see below)
- Look up Johnny Johnny Hello music
Testing out audio/video
- Can you tell me about your day so far?
- When did you move here... from where? Why?
- The first time I came here, you mentioned that you need anger to do this. Why is anger important?
- Do you think other people are angry?
- What is your ambacht? Why did you choose it?
- What is more important? Your workshop or your kitchen?
- How do you divide or unite the different spaces - cafe, workshop, family? What's the relationship between these spaces?
- When did you open this place?
- How did you decide on the name of this place?
- How did you envision this space? Have you realized your vision(s)?
- How do you sustain it?
- How has it changed?
- What are some of your favorite performances that you hosted
tour of studio
apple trees and Lies standing
pictures in the back
mirror frame of bar
|9:00||pick up equipments at rental + test equipments + print out questions|
|10:30||meet Mia at Maastunnel|
|11:00||set up shoot|
|11:20||interview in cafe|
|12:15||interview in studio|
|13:30||lunch (spontaneous :)|
|13:50||more footage (action + outside)|
|14:30||end of shoot|
On site, I interviewed the two sitting side by side, rather than separately as was in the script. I also didn't ask the questions in order. A lot of it is about weighing the situations as they happen, which is a nice challenge. The canon 5D battery lasted for about 3 hours of shooting. We didn't use a clip-on mic and opted for the zoom XY. No extra batteries was used for the mic.
For a small scale project like this, ideally I would work with at least two other people: one for cinematography and one for audio.