algorithmically curated publication
An algorithmically curated publication, populated by the documents from the Autonomous Archive.
Or in other words, a publication:
- that looks at the Poortgebouw archive from the inside
- accompanies the hand-curated publication
- its materials are selected by scripts
- its composition is accomplished via scripts and templates
- one version, multiple versions, or multiple non-repeating versions can exist
- Format: Poster
- color? BW?
- 1 or 2 sides?
- 1 version, multiple versions, or multiple non-repeating versions?
- printing technique
- 200 copies
- budget: 169€
- what materials: Images? PDFs? Texts (image captions mainly)?
- according to what: year? semantic properties? Random
- extra information: captions/metadata, file-info, context ?
- what form it will take: collage, time-line, facsimile, graph?
- what elements will be featured?
- how will they be organized?
- Documentation of the process:
- scanning software
- linux: sane,xsane
- Mac/Widows Canon Lide 120 drivers
- pdftk (Mac/Windows installer )
- imagemagick (Mac:
brew install imagemagick)
- Git (Mac:
brew install git)
Download them with git:
git clone https://git.xpub.nl/XPUB/scan-utils.git
- Converts a directory of images onto a single PDF
./imgs2pdf.sh imgs-dir-name pdf-filename
- Note1: imgs-dir must be inside the scan-utils.git directory.
- Note2: If no pdf-filename is provided, output.pdf will the default file name
- Rotates all images in one a directory a given number of degrees
./rotate.sh imgs-dir-name rotation-in-degrees