(Created page with "= Proposal = https://docs.google.com/document/d/17f8B3_IX4SmDIgM4GAb3n6-JAGGVsB6zSEMUwA72DLw/edit# = Statement = I have been in search of form, just like I have been in se...")
No edit summary
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Proposal =
= Proposal =
= Statement =
= Statement =
Revision as of 17:14, 15 November 2019
Older drafts: jujube/thesis-drafts
I have been in search of form, just like I have been in search of home. [In the process I have realized] what was once topical and typological have given way to the existential and spiritual.
Memoir: memory-image, exile, diaspora, loss Practice: grief, self-understanding, longing, loneliness, care, ritual Reflection: narrativity of image, affect evoked by memory, aesthetics as bond (between the self and others)
- CARRIÓN, U., & SCHRAENEN, G. (2016). Ulises Carrión: Dear reader, don't read.
- CHEE, A. (2018) How to write an autobiographical novel : essays.
- PROULX, A. (2012). Bird cloud. London, Fourth Estate.
- AUFDERHEIDE, P. (2016). Documentary film: a very short introduction. Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- MAMET, D. (1992) On directing film. New York: Penguin Books.
- SCHRADER, P. (2018). Transcendental style in film: Ozu, Bresson, Dreyer.
- SVENDSEN, L. F. H. (2017). A philosophy of loneliness.
- WOOD, M. (2012). Film: a very short introduction. Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Sontag, S. (1984) On photography. 6E dr edn. Harmondsworth: Penguin.
- Stallabrass, J. (2013) Documentary. London: Whitechapel (Documents of contemporary art).
- ASMA, S. T., & GABRIEL, R. (2019). United by Feelings. https://aeon.co/essays/human-culture-and-cognition-evolved-through-the-emotions
- BAZIN, A., GRAY, H., TRUFFAUT, F., & ANDREW, D. (2005). What is cinema? Volume 1.
- BERGER, J. P., & DYER, G. (2013). Understanding a photograph. New-York, Aperture.
- BROWN, B. (2004). Things. Chicago, University Of Chicago Press.
- CAMPANY, D. (2007) The cinematic. London: Whitechapel (Documents of contemporary art, 2007: 5).
- Chateau, D., & Moure, J. (2016). Screens.
- Kern, S. (2004) A cultural history of causality : science, murder novels, and systems of thought. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Farr, I. (2012) Memory. London: Whitechapel Gallery (Documents of contemporary art).
- Miall, D. (2011) Emotions and the Structuring of Narrative Responses. Poetics Today 1 June 2011; 32 (2): 323–348. doi: https://doi.org/10.1215/03335372-1162704
- Mulvey, L. and Backman Rogers, A. (eds) (2015) Feminisms : diversity, difference and multiplicity in contemporary film cultures. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press (The key debates. Mutations and appropriations in European film studies, 5). doi: 10.5117/9789089646767.
- Nussbaum, M. (1988) Narrative Emotions. Ethics, Vol. 98, No. 2., pp. 225-254.
- Shouse, E. (2005) Feeling, Emotion, Affect. M/C Journal 8.6. <http://journal.media-culture.org.au/0512/03-shouse.php>
- Sontag, S. (2002) Against interpretation: and other essays. Repr. and enl. edn. New York: Picador
- Voìgt, Ellen Bryant. Image. New England Review, Vol. 13, No. 3/4, 1991, pp. 254–268. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40243421.
- CARSON, A., CURRIE, R., & CATULLUS, G. V. (2010). Nox. New York, New Directions.
- Merewether, C. (2006) The archive. London etc: Whitechapel etc (Documents of contemporary art).
- NELSON, M. (2016). The argonauts.
- PATEL, S. (2014). Migritude. New York, Kaya Press.
- RIDER, B. K. (2010). The vertical interrogation of strangers. Berkeley, Calif, Kelsey Street Press.