|(377 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
'''✨ Topics/ concepts I'm currently excited about ✨'''<br>
/experiments may be archived here/[https: //supisara.info/Research-Experiments here]
* <span style="background-image: linear-gradient( black,white); color: white; text- shadow: 1px 1px 1px black, 0 0 0.1em white, 0 0 0.1em white; box-shadow: 0 5px 5px 0 rgba(0,0,0,1) ; border-radius: 50%; padding: 5px; font-size: 15px">buttons
(-) //////)interstices/transitions/keyframes //synthesis esolang/steganography
* breadboards / PCBs
* inputs and event triggers / GUI controls / conductivity
* user-unfriendly interfaces and interactions (<s>"usability"</ s> / <s>"best practices"</ s>)
* interstices / transitions / keyframes
* tool / instrument misuse
* sound as spatial sensor / animation
* noise / granular synthesis
* esolang / steganography
=Special Issue 16==
=== Vernacular Language Processing ===
== Prototyping ====
''#for carrier- bag- of-notebooks (to be linked)''
* 21/09/21 XP4, 5, 6 + A House of Dust
* 27/09/21 XP7 + NLTK1
* 04/10/21 XP8 + NLTK2
== Group exercises ====
''#pad archive from class discussions (titles + descriptions renamed/worded/mixed for easy digestion)
* 22/09/21 [ https:/ /pad.xpub.nl/p/Performative_Materiality_and_Theoretical_Approache Emoji markup] with Jian, Kamo, Erica––annotating a reader with emojis to indicate the beginning and endings of each person's side notes, questions, distractions, references, etc. Annotations became interruptions that were woven into the original reader and transformed it into reader 2.0.
* 28/09/21 [ https://pad.xpub.nl/p/team3 Text traverse + keyword geotag] with Alex, Jian––selecting, combining, and rearranging texts from multiple readers to create a new one to perform with. Keyword repetition is used as a text navigation tool/method, so performance can vary (for example, start/stop reading at specific word).
* 05/10/21 [ https:/ /hub.xpub.nl/soupboat/~supi/special_issue_16/experiments/vernacular_processing_3.png Spellcheck letter ghosting] part of a [https://pad.xpub.nl/p/SP16_0510 group exercise] with Chaeyoung, Miriam, Carmen––on (manual) slow processing a linguistic pattern
* 05/10/21 [ https://pad.xpub.nl/p/SP16_0510_texts Soupboat Spellbook] with everyone––text processing with special customized commands/incantations for a collaborative spell book
* 06/10/21 [ https:/ /pad.xpub.nl/p/mix_of_sauces "A Mix of Sauces" / from pad to bubbles] with Kamo, Alex––converting chaos to calm (but still fun and unexpected) in the form and flow of chat bubbles
* 12/10/21 [https://pad.xpub.nl/p/supi_mitsa Multilingual Multitasking] with Mitsa––transcribing while recording, listening, thinking, editing, then generating translations in two more languages
== Further experiments ====
''#on vernacular processing methods''
* 04/10/21 [https://vimeo.com/637738403 TextEdit + macOS Spoken Content, Whisper]: processing text from [https: //ubu.com/sound/lucier.html a sound art piece]
* 04/10/21 [https://vimeo.com/637738768 TextEdit + macOS Spoken Content, Kanya]: "
* 04/10/21 [ https://vimeo.com/637740824 TextEdit + macOS Spoken Content, Whisper x2]: "
* 05/10/21 [ https:/ /vimeo.com/637710381 Google Translate scan + a doodle] : processing text from [https://pad.xpub.nl/p/team3 a reader]
* 05/10/21 [https: //vimeo.com/637710946 Google Translate scan + a gesture]: "
* 21/10/21 [ https:/ /vimeo.com/637707108 ⌘C + click + ⌘V] : processing text from this wiki
=== Observations ====
''#and/or reflections, side thoughts, curiosities, rabbit holes''
* processing is time and environment- based
* WIP pads: on [https: //pad.xpub.nl/p/processing_observations processing], [ https://pad.xpub.nl/p/rejections rejections] (follow-up from [ https:/ /pad.xpub.nl/p/GroupMeeting_18102021 group meeting #1] ), [https://pad.xpub.nl/p/spell_check spell check], [https://pad.xpub.nl/p/narrative_techniques_and_NLTK narrative techniques + NLTK]
= Test kitchen ==
==== Digital breadboard ====
<span style=" background- image: linear- gradient(black,white); color: white; text- shadow: 5px 5px 5px black, 0 0 0.1em white, 0 0 0.1em white; box- shadow: 0 10px 5px 0 rgba( 0,0,0,1) ; border- radius: 50%; padding: 20px; font- size: 50px">CLICK<br>
<span style=" background- image: linear- gradient(black,white); color: white; box-shadow: 0 10px 5px 0 rgba( 0,0,0,1) ; border-radius: 20%; padding: 20px; font- size: 20px">C