Technical Days Wiki
Welcome to the (ever) revised and revisable Technical Days wiki. These pages are used to support the students of the MA Media Design program of the Piet Zwart Institute which is the post-graduate school of the Willem de Kooning Academy, located in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It is also hoped that the information could be of use to a broader interested public, and in keeping with the spirit of a wiki, all are welcome to contribute. For information on how to use this wiki software see the software's user's guide.
Pages from the previous wiki have been imported into this site. Images and attached files didn't make the jump however, and still need to get added back.
We use How to Think Like a (Python) Programmer as a text book for the course. This wiki is used as a place to collect and distribute materials for the course (including "starting code" and various examples & exercises).
Michael's most recent Tutorial Schedule
2007 - 2008
- 3.01 Single Loop / PyGame
- 3.02 HeadlineZapper continues
- 3.03 A taste of objects
- 3.04 Hands-on Electronics: Arduino Basics
- 3.05 15 May, 2008
- 2.01 PHP Headlines
- 2.04 More fun with sliders
- 2.05 Pseudo-Coding / Trans-Coding
- 2.06 Uploads with CGI / Generating a Live (Code) Stream
- ["GStreamer"] Media Pipelines
- 1.01 Designing with Bits
- 1.02 Finite State (Design) Machines
- 1.03 Open Source Tools for Media Design
- Problem Set 1.01 (solutions)
- 1.04 Image Bashing
- 1.05 Image Loops & Sockets
- 1.06 Feeding your Python
- 1.07 Thematic Project Day
- 1.08 BASIC/python animation
Curious about the logo?