"People can come have a coffee and see her work... It works in Amsterdam or Haarlem, but not here."
"She's fucking tired."
"I think you need anger to do that."
"That's a place where gentrification worked. Gentrification will never work here."
"I hate the word jazz."
"I like Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, because it has Ambacht in it."
- learning about a new place through people (other rationales can come later)
- medium: video/speech
- content of speech will reflect the nuances
- cultural interest: "anger", "Dutch directness"
type "(video) portrait" in the search box...
- an informal survey: video portraits
- the documentary type: Portrait of a Sound Design Artist
- self-portrait in narrative: 
- very short films (equal story + character): Making a Scene
See production notes
"Audio in a documentary is a key piece of footage."
DSLR built-in mics are not meant for audio production. Keep the mic on for reference audio. Turn off the Auto Gain Control.
Shotgun mic on camera serves as good reference.
External mic: lavalier v. boom v. handheld
Alternative to External mic setup: iPhone + Pro Audio To Go + Cable adapter (with headphone jack and an XLR jack)
File formats: AIFF or WAV (not a compressed format like MP3)
Camera Angle. "The camera is the viewer's eyes."
Composition. "The subject is moving, or the camera is moving. You will compose at the beginning of the movement, and at the end of it."