"People can come have a coffee and see her work... It works in Amsterdam or Haarlem, but not here."
"She's fucking tired."
"I think you need anger to do that."
"That's a place where gentrification worked. Gentrification will never work here."
"I hate the word jazz."
"I like Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, because it has Ambacht in it."
- learning about a new place through people (other rationales can come later)
- medium: video/speech
- content of speech will reflect the nuances
- cultural interest: "anger", "Dutch directness"
type "(video) portrait" in the search box...
- an informal survey: video portraits
- the documentary type: Portrait of a Sound Design Artist
- self-portrait in narrative: 
- very short films (equal story + character): Making a Scene
- write questions, see below
- communicate, consent, coordinate
- gather equipments
- how many camera angles?
- relating to 2.2
- Scouting 9/28
- Procedural script: See notes.
- Equipments (from rental)
- For audio:
Røde NTG-2/Marantz PMC661/(maybe) Focusrite Scarlett 2i4Zoom H6 with XY and MS mics/Senheisser ew 100 G3 Lavalier
- For video: Tripod
Sachtler 0370 system FSB 4Manfrotto 804RC2
- Questions: contextual + direct
- Testing out audio/video. Can you tell me about your day so far?
- When did you move here... from where? (& why?)
- How did you decide on the name of this place?
- When did you start hosting events?
- Were they strictly music events?
- What are some of your favorite performances that you hosted?
- What's your relationship with jazz?
- If you can use one word to summarize what drives you, what would it be?
- Why is anger important?
- Do you think other people are angry?
"Audio in a documentary is a key piece of footage."
DSLR built-in mics are not meant for audio production. Keep the mic on for reference audio. Turn off the Auto Gain Control.
Shotgun mic on camera serves as good reference.
External mic: lavalier v. boom v. handheld
Alternative to External mic setup: iPhone + Pro Audio To Go + Cable adapter (with headphone jack and an XLR jack)
File formats: AIFF or WAV (not a compressed format like MP3)
Camera Angle. "The camera is the viewer's eyes."
Composition. "The subject is moving, or the camera is moving. You will compose at the beginning of the movement, and at the end of it."