Difference between revisions of "ASSESSMENT: Stamp"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
[[File: Stamp-analog-benjaminl.jpg| ]]
Latest revision as of 18:57, 6 March 2015
Part of this assessment is our visit to the Zeeuws Museum (Middelburg). There we visited the show 'Tasten in het Duister'. Starting point of the show is the discovery of a lost painting by Reymerswale. Then a group of artists is being ask to use this painting as a starting point for an own work that reflects or responds to this painting.
Our assignment is to look for an art work or an object and reflect/respond on that in the same way as has happened in the show 'Tasten in het Duister'.
(STAMP OF) QUEEN BEATRIX - PETER STRUYCKEN
For this assessment I choose the stamp of Beatrix, the former queen of Holland, designed by Peter Struycken. The image is beautifully made out of little dots. Together they form a portrait of Beatrix. My idea is to use this stamp as inspiration for my own stamp. Foundation for my own stamp is a self-portrait I took a few years ago; the image is turned into a pixelate version resembling the Beatrix-stamp. A future idea is to investigate in which extend my stamp can replace the Beatrix-stamp. Tot test this I want to send myself letters with my own stamp and see how many of them return. Based on the total amount of returns I can calculate a percentage. This percentage is the hit-ratio. Based on this future projects can be formed/invented.
There are 3 possible outcomes:
- None of the letters return - they are filtered out by the postal service as being false.
- All of the letters return - 2 options arise:
- The letters are not detected as being false.
- The letters are detected as being false - a penalty is added to the letter.
- A percentage of letters return, others are lost/filtered out. Again 2 options:
- The returned letters are not detected as being false. Others are and filtered out or lost.
- The returned letters are detected as being false - a penalty is added to the letter. The rest is filter out or lost.